Mechanical Collaboration Electric Control Panels Programming
Does Your Process Control System Need Reconfiguring?
Consumer and commercial operator demand for more efficient clothes dryers motivated one leading manufacturer to redesign its product line. Thanks to some creative engineering solutions, and new electrical control panels, they now offer more varied size drums, tailored to usage.
Existing machines used hydraulic power to form a limited number of drum sizes. Expanding the operation of the existing machines to produce a greater variety of drum sizes was going to require relocation of the equipment, reconfiguration of production lines, and loss production time during changeovers.
Working with a local tool builder, PanelTEK was integral in designing a new drum forming machine and provided the electrical controls—utilizing servo motors—for its operation.
The PanelTEK Solution
PanelTEK Designed and Built Electrical Control Panels
- PanelTEK conducted on-site visits to better understand the mechanical process, human interaction, and environment for operation.
- Utilizing VFDs and servo motors provided the adjustability the customer was looking for to produce varied and custom-sized drums.
- With the ease and flexibility to switch from one size to another, downtime was minimized, increasing output, and lowering unit costs.
- PanelTEK designed and built electrical control panels and developed and tested the PLC and HMI controls. The machine was brought into the PanelTEK facility for installation of the controls, final wiring, and FAT.
- PanelTEK provided onsite start-up, programming, and operation training at the customer’s factory in Thailand. Through remote connection, PanelTEK was able to provide follow-up programming support and changes as needed.
Being able to offer a countless variety of drum sizes, with greater quality controls, while improving lead-times, provided our customer the advantage they needed to expand into new markets with their product line(s), increasing sales and market share.